Finding and visiting a genetic counselor or other genetics professional
Source (the U.S.):
Please choose from the following list of questions for information about meeting with a genetics professional (such as a medical geneticist or genetic counselor).
On this page:
- What is a genetic consultation?
- Why might someone have a genetic consultation?
- What happens during a genetic consultation?
- How can I find a genetics professional in my area?
- How are genetic conditions diagnosed?
- How are genetic conditions treated or managed?
What is a genetic consultation?
A genetic consultation is a health service that provides information and support to people who have, or may be at risk for, genetic disorders. During a consultation, a genetics professional meets with an individual or family to discuss genetic risks or to diagnose, confirm, or rule out a genetic condition.
Genetics professionals include medical geneticists (doctors who specialize in genetics) and genetic counselors (certified…
View original post 2,194 more words